Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mirror

(Muse Courtesy: Sylvia Plath)

A reflection that is so blatant
Knows not how to sing tales of lore
Only spits out the truth always.
Perceptions aplenty I may have about my looks,
Yet how am I to know how I look?
Dark, dusky, fair,
How would I know?
Pretty, Ugly, Charming,
How would I know?
Are the tresses messy, how would I know,
Sans the veritable pal hanging on the wall?

From this silver screen
Spring up dreams with wings on fire
I can confide in him, 
In return, he would emerge as my confidante.
He sees me mature
Day by day
He gets a glimpse of my first shade of grey,
He catches me inhibition-less!
He watches me throw tantrums at him
I could break him into pieces,
Not an iota of lie would be part of his reflection
He is the reason for many a dejection;
Yet has had many a girl falling for him
For he is always precise!

He went missing for a while from office
Oh how his pals missed him!
He was all peaceful staying away,
He was holidaying, was worry-free;
For he did not have to spend time
Convincing his visitors on how they look.
He laughs from within the silver crystals
Wonders all day how  mad his friends are!
He is back post his sabbatical,
Up and running, going about his daily job,
As always, precise, with no premise! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment