Sunday, January 12, 2014

Writers-galore!





Wordsmiths, stalwarts, masters of the pen,
A gathering of sorts, with an awe-inspiring élan
An enriching weekend, without a hesitation
Transport it did, to a mode of meditation!
A meditation: on words and books.

Encompassed by writers
So many, that I could smell the perfume of their ink
I was but an inkling, pinching myself to digest that there is an entire fraternity...
I walked out with a sigh, hoping not to be a blot in the writing-map.

Familiar we are all with the behaviour of a film-star
Off movies, they are a different clan
 What is it like to see a writer, up close?
Oh yeah, loads of dosage of silent, latent, untold passing on of wisdom.
To watch them hold a pen,
To watch them hold a microphone to speak,
Do writers need to be good speakers too?
I gaped at them all with awe.
What they write and quote are their style statements
They do not need any embellishment,
Neither do they really care for any!

Pure immaculate, was the colour of poetry,
Poetry dressed in white kurtha and pyjama
Gulzar sir, must I say more?

Some chose to term a book as product
Market, sales, numbers were the buzz-words,
That it shot up my indignation!
Another session I shall not attend I thought
Thank God, some sense prevailed
That some musings on a literary novel ensued...

A mode of philosophy by the constant traveller,
Took me heavenwards with its admirers sitting by my side
Here’s my favourite writer’s, favourite writer speaking!
Could things have gotten any better?!
This is what happens when you are surrounded by writers,
A great deal of inspiration, supplied in abundance!

A wholesome way of heralding the New Year,
Pumped up with all the necessary fuel
Well-fed I am, through a Lit-Fest that was!


2 comments:

  1. Nicely summed up Usha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @teerthadanam: thank you for your earnest comments, considering the fact that my blog is a barren land, looming large with just my words...sans any comments!

    ReplyDelete